Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Newfound Love

Now this was fun..  A fellow Flickr contact sent me a roll of Fujicolor 200ISO film (35mm) that he had redscaled.  Now, having never shot REDSCALED film I was unsure of how to handle it.  Turns out, as soon as it is flipped, it instantly loses 2 stops of speed (EI50).  So, that means I have to compensate by dialing the ISO speed down to 50 so it'll meter properly.
I was originally told to shoot it at EI80, but I tossed that to the wind and figured, heck, at 50, if it's blown out, I can do it again.
WRONG!  50 is the golden number, it appears.  What a fantastic time I had with that film!  I am so impressed, I can hardly contain it.  What a marvelous idea to flip it, as it gives all the images a great red tint, but that's not all.  It increases the contrast, while acting like a Sepia filter, and red filter, all in one.  The blues aren't exposed very well, so blue skies end up becoming a brownie colour instead.

I must say, if you get a chance to shoot your film redscaled, you won't be disappointed, but be forewarned... remember to dial your ISO down a couple of stops, otherwise you'll be receiving a nasty surprise with very underexposed images.

Until next time!

Golden Sunset Silhouette - Explored Mar. 15 - 2012

Canon EOS 1000F 35mm SLR w/Canon EF 28-90mm ƒ/4-5.6 Wide-Angle ZOOM & Fujicolor 200 Redscaled @ EI50


No comments:

Post a Comment