Wednesday, July 4, 2012

C-41 Developing..

Late last year (September) I discovered developing my own B&W film, and got some great lessons from John G. Meadows, who in turn has his own blog called My Third Eye.  His blog is truly a lovely read, as he describes the photos that are most special to him, his method to creating the image, the model, and how he developed it.
His lessons for me was actually showing me how to develop film, which has now become something I just consider second nature to me.  Just a wonderful experience!  I started learning with commercial developers, but last month I finally developed some film in Caffenol.
What is Caffenol?  Why, it's Coffee developer!  Yes, Coffee!
My mixture is Washing Soda, Coffee Granules (Instant), Vitamin C and Table Salt.  It works brilliantly! Has softer grain than Rodinal, contrast like XTOL, and almost the same soft grain like D-76, but not quite.

Basket Case
Kodak SIGNET 35 - 44mm ƒ/3.5 Ektar - Kodak HD400
Unlocked
Kodak SIGNET 35 - 44mm ƒ/3.5 Ektar - Kodak HD400
Well, just last week I finally decided to mix up my C-41 JOBO Press Kit, and started to develop C-41 film for the first time.  It's super simple to do!  I'm actually rather upset I didn't do it sooner.  It's so simple to do that I really don't understand why I hesitated like I did..   Really upsetting indeed!

Well, now I have gone from not knowing how to develop film, to developing both B&W and C-41 film.

No comments:

Post a Comment