Monday, July 30, 2012

The Beauty Of Light

The most beautiful thing about light, is how it works.  I mean, you take just the word, Photography, which is derived from the Greeks.  Phos, which means light, and Graphe which means drawing.  So technically speaking, it means "light drawing"...  That in itself leads credence to the beauty of capturing the light in just the right way.
This weekend there was the perfect moment of light and time.  My sister has a beautiful front window, in which she has placed a bunch of light hungry plants. 
Not having a 50mm lens handy, at least not in M42 mount, I had a photo that would just have to be attempted with my Polaroid 420.
After getting this odd camera I have gone through about 20 frames of film on it, and now I need more.  It's rather interesting, at least to myself, to know that I have gone from the Instant type of photography with Digital, to a slower process with 35mm, 120, and 4x5 films, to a whole new instant type of photography with Polaroid. 
From TIP (The Impossible Project) film to Fuji Peel-Apart films, I am really enjoying the whole process. 

Well, back to the subject at hand, the hour had reached the pivotal moment in time known as the "Golden Hour". 

Admiration
Admiration - Polaroid Automatic LAND 420 - Fuji FP100C Film
The window was filtering light so beautifully, with the plants showing some incredible colours. 
I wanted to get a photo where it would show both the beauty of such wonderful light, to the type of loving touch and care one can instill on the caring of greenery around the home.
Sure enough I had the right model, right light, right setting, and it looks like I even picked the right camera for the capture.  I think I got exactly what I was supposed to.   The moment was perfect, with just the right amount landing on the key areas of the subject at hand.
Framing with this camera is never easy at "close" range, as there is no parallax adjustment, so for the fact that I was able to capture this perfectly the first time really makes me feel happy that I might very well have figured out the minor idiosyncrasies of this camera.

Like what you see?  Want to try your hand at some Instant Photography?  Well, by all means, visit our good friends at the Film Photography Project, and pick up your own Polaroid camera.  If you have one, they also sell the FP100C, or FP3000B.

Until next time everyone, support film & keep those shutters firing!

No comments:

Post a Comment