Wednesday, July 4, 2012

PHO Restaurant - Delicious Delights!

Not to make a plug for a restaurant that doesn't pay me to do so, but I must admit, this little restaurant in Vaughan, Ontario, is just wonderful.  The service is great, the food is hot, tasty, and arrives quickly to your table. 
And the atmosphere in the restaurant is very relaxed, and just such wonderful food.  I have tried different PHO soup across the city of Toronto, from Mississauga, to Scarborough, including some in Markham and Vaughan.  Even ones with rave reviews in the paper, which I found to be mediocre at best.
This one, on the other hand, located just North of Vaughan Mills Shopping Mall, off Rutherford Rd, is just amazingly good!

I got the #468 item on the Menu, which is grilled Pork and Chicken with Vermicelli noodles, topped with Peanuts.  I also got an order of #007 Banh Cuon, which is probably one of my favorite dishes!

The Pork is tender, soft, well cooked and seasoned, and just melts in your mouth.  The Chicken is very flavourful, has a nice smoked flavour to it from being grilled, the seasoning is very liberal, without being overpowering.  The noodles, well, they are Vermicelli noodles, or "Rice" noodles, which are always good!  The peanut topping really sets the dish off, as the nutty flavour truly compliments the entire meal.  A wonderful dish that I will definitely get again.

On the other hand, though, Donna got #402 on the menu.  Essentially something very similar to what I go, except it's Grilled Pork & a deep fried Spring Roll.  Having had this meal myself, before, I can honestly compliment on the food here.  Again, the pork is just wonderful.  Cooked to perfection and well marinated without being overpowering, with the perfect hint of smokey flavour from the grille.  The Spring Roll is flaky, flavourful, and hot!  Not Spicy, but hot.  The Vermicelli noodles are perfectly cooked, and just work so well with this meal that it's almost a shame when it's all finished.  Again, this is a dish I would definitely get again, as would Donna.  It is one of my favourite Vietnamese dishes, second only to the Banh Cuon.
Green tea is served upon entering, and seating, which is free of charge, flavourful, and a great choice when coming in from a cold winter day.  The tea here, in this instance, is actually chilled, to compliment the hot and hazy summer days we have been experiencing here. 
The Tea is always available, and if you should finish your pot of Tea, the server will quickly replace your empty pot with a full one.
Great service, and great staff!


One more item that really sets this restaurant, in my opinion, apart from many others, are these little bowls, plus the fact that there are bottles of Hoisen (Black Bean) sauce, and Red Hot Chili sauce on the table for your enjoyment.
Chop Sticks are a staple at most Vietnamese restaurants, but I have been to a couple where the chopsticks are the usual Plastic Ivory looking variety, but actually cheap wooden Take-Out type which I loathe.

Look forward to more reviews of different restaurants across the city, as I try out different places from time to time.  Any place that really catches my interest will definitely garner a review on my blog.  Hopefully the place will gain some more business this way.

Pho Mi 99 is a small family owned and operated Vietnamese Restaurant.  I am, in no way, affiliated with this restaurant, nor have I been paid to give this review on this restaurant. 


Pho Mi 99
3255 Rutherford Drive
Suite 5

Vaughan, ON L6A
(905) 532-0599


See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment