Saturday, June 30, 2012

620 Day

As the name states, it's 620 day!  What that is, really simple...  On June 20th, you take one of your wonderful 620 cameras out for a spin.
I did so with my Kodak Brownie Bullseye 6x9 620 Box camera with a Twindar Lens.

This is a fun camera to use, sports a very surprisingly sharp Twindar lens, a curved film-plane to help increase the sharpness in the corners, a simple design, multi-exposure protection, LONG exposure option, focuses from 4 feet to infinity, which is adjustable for a finer touch focus.

As for the day.. It was an uneventful day, as I spent most of it working.  But I did manage to get away for a little over an hour, which was the most wonderful time of the day. 
Besides that it got me out of work for an hour, it took my mind off the horrid nonsense of a horrible job, and place to work.
Allied PHOTO-PANThe day started out great.  I took the camera out of the Cabinet, opened my freezer and took out a roll of Allied Photo Pan 620 film.  This film expired in 1970, was stored in a cupboard at best, or... who knows where at worst!

Needless to say, I got the film loaded, and prepared the camera for a wonderful day of shooting, or at least an hour or so.

After my film was finished, it became the hardest part of the whole experience.  I had to figure out how to develop this film.  So, I asked in the ISF forum to try to figure out how to develop this film. 
The first reply was the most direct, and informative direction to how to even begin to develop the film.  This, it turns out, is a very easy thing to do.  I took a small section of the film, the tail end, clipped off a 2cm wide piece across the entire width of the film.  In daylight I dunked it into the developer from about 1cm at a time, and 1 minute at a time.  By the time it was done, it had gone across the entire film width, 1cm and 1 minute at a time and gave me an optimal developing time of 6 minutes for this film in my choice of developer, which happened to be HC-110 dilution B.

The results are nothing less than fantastic....  They may not be mind-blowing images, but the fact of the matter is, I didn't intend them to be, because I didn't have any clue how the film would behave, or how the images would come out.

Sure enough.... 

Incomplete Bench - 620 Day

Powerlines - 620 Day

No comments:

Post a Comment