Friday, June 1, 2012

Canadian Patriots

Canadian Maple - Explored - May 28 - 2012
Fed 2 Rangefinder - Industar 26m 52mm ƒ/2.8 - Fuji Sensia 100
What an interesting turn of events.  I was heading off to pick up my wife from work, after I had just finished work, when I just happened to see this flag on the front porch of someones house.
This is the first time that I'm giving the Fed 2 a real workout and so I wanted to try something a little unconventional with this camera.  I threw in a roll of Sensia 100 slide film, and spent the day shooting it.
Although there is a bit of a light leak through the shutter curtain, it seems to have performed quite well through the day.
This, shot here, was later on in the evening, around 5:00PM, although the sun was still very strong in the sky.. pretty much NOON type sun during the winter.
Once I got the roll back from the LAB, I looked it over, and really really liked what I was seeing.  Although there is some minor issues DoC of each image where the light was sneaking onto the film, this image seems to have been spared that terrible blow..   It's strong, contrasty, and full of detail.

I really like it, and hope you do too!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment