Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Roll In A Day/A Day In A Roll - TAKE 2 (update)

So I'm working on scanning the images from the RIAD/DIAR #2 and really liking how the shots are coming out.
The part that is really surprising me is that I'm seeing the majority of shots that came out are the ones that I metered by eye when I finished the day in High-Park.  This is quite good, because I wasn't sure if they were going to come out or not, considering that I didn't have a meter, the lighting was crappy, and I was shooting at 1/100s ƒ/5.6 (and any variable that would go along with this)..  The images aren't under, or over, exposed.  But quite balanced, which is good, considering I was using EKTAR 100, which is a rather unforgiving, for a negative print, film.  It's constantly toted as a "negative slide film" for it's slightly more limited latitude, but has incredibly fine grain, and an exceptional colour bias.
Lunch Is Served
I do pray that Kodak keeps this film going for a long long time, especially considering that it's available in 35mm to sheet film, and Fuji Reala is only available in 120.  I couldn't imagine how good it would have been in 4x5, but I don't think it was ever available that big..


Constant Construction

Pylons

Frame 27
Cherry Blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment