Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cabin In The Woods


May 5th, 2012;

Bronica ETRs - Zenzanon 75mm ƒ/2.8 PE - Ilford PAN F+ 50 - Ilfosol 3
I was driving past this location on the previous Friday (May 4th), and say a cabin that was pretty much completely fallen down.  The instant I saw it I just knew I had to go back and take a few photos of it.
Well, I loaded up my bag with a couple of cameras, such as my Rolleicord, Bronica ETRs, Nikkormat FT2, and my lowly little Kodak Signet.  I must have shot more than 2 dozen photos of this location, simply because of it's rustic and age-old charm.  Not sure what it is about these old buildings, but the charm of them is unmistakable! 
I remember last summer shooting an old falling down home as well.  What a wonderful little building that was.  The charm was just incredible!  It had such a great feeling to it that I literally blew a good half-roll just shooting that house.  The windows were broken, except for a couple of them, the floors were mostly collapsed, the roof had caved in in places. 
Just a fantastic location, and will be probably visiting there again this year!
The best thing about this cabin depicted in these photos here, is that it's not actually in the woods.  This cabin is actually located within a 20 minute drive from my apartment, and is located in an industrial area not too far away at all.  It just so happens that it is surrounded by undeveloped land, and for some reason, has never been cleared. 
I am sure that one day, it will be gone, but until that day comes.  It will be here, and I intend on going back.  Perhaps this time, with some IR film instead!
Nikon Nikkormat FT2 - Tokina 28mm ƒ/2.8 AI Lens - Polypan F 50 - Ilfosol 3




No comments:

Post a Comment