Monday, May 13, 2013

Making Due..

Recently my Changing bag ripped, and became no longer light tight.  I have since ordered a new one, which is much bigger.  But until it arrives, I have had to make due with what I have..
My film queue is getting larger, and larger.. (literally) and I'm getting a rather large developing backlog.

Thankfully I have my little Android Smartphone.  It's helped satisfy a hunger in me to get some more photos out there.

I am interested in trying it for a photoshoot to see how I can use a simple digital camera with a teeny tiny sensor, about the size of a 35mm Perforation hole, to take some higher end photos.  Now I know what you are saying.. "With a sensor that size, and such a short focal length, how are you going to get any kind of B/G separation?"
That is a valid question and an astute observation.  In fact, I'm curious of that myself, as it isn't easy for me to adjust the focus or the aperture to be able to do something like that.  It's a single aperture and the focal length is the focal length, BUT there is hope.
I have recently become aware of different focal length multipliers for the phone.  From a 2x to a whopping 12x zoom lens that attaches to the camera!  It even has a little tripod mount for the lens!  How funny is that?

That said, of course, I haven't let the lack of a long focal length bother me, as I have been using it for my everyday walkabout camera...

So at least enjoy some of my work using a simple and yet elegant Camera on my phone..


Picket Fence
Picket Fence

Street Car Tracks
St. Clair Streetcar

Shadow
Shadowy Entrance

Dandelion Sunset
Dandelion Sunset

So until next time, keep those shutters firing!

No comments:

Post a Comment