Sunday, May 19, 2013

Under The Bridge

I must have driven passed this bridge trestle a dozen or more times.  And almost every time I drive by it, I can see myself wanting a photo or two of it.  No matter how many times I have driven by, I have said to myself.. I should get a photo of these Trestles..

Well I finally did it.  I was driving under, and got stopped at the Lights (Red) and had a pickup in front which set me at the perfect spot beside the Trestle to get a shot I want...

Bridge Trestle

Taking out my trusty Android Powered Smartphone, coupled with a 8MP camera (I don't believe in Megapixels anyway) and took this image.
Now, it was very flat, poor tonal ranges, and a almost complete lack of contrast...  So I copied the image to my desktop, loaded it up in Photoshop and started to make some modifications..
Adding some heavy vignette and upping the contrast, deepening the shadows and adding a "PUSH" to the image..  I have achieved an almost "pinhole" type look to it.

As a fellow film photographer on Flickr said;

I think this is from an era gone by! :-) The more rivets, the better! Looks like a sieve holding rusting steel girders together. Great shot!"

Yup.. I couldn't have said it better!

Until next time, keep those shutters firing!

No comments:

Post a Comment