Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Walk Around Weston

A walk around Weston with my T80 coupled with a 28-135mm Vivitar, and my Spotmatic SPII (which apparently has a bum meter) coupled together with the FANTASTIC Carl Zeiss Jena T* 50mm ƒ/2.8 M42 Prime...  Wow!  Now I know why CZ glass is so sought after!  The funny thing is, though.  The lens protrudes too far into the camera, and when the mirror returns, it sometimes gets hung up on the lens.  Not badly, of course, but enough that the viewfinder remains blacked out.  Plus, it also doesn't allow the aperture pressure arm to move outwards, which causes the shutter to jam.  So to work around this, I had to make a paper gasket to keep it JUST far enough forward that it doesn't happen.  Well, the mirror still hangs up a touch, but otherwise it works perfect, and I've retained INF. focus, which is always important!
Garden Guardian
Garden Guardian
Pentax Spotmatic SPII
Carl Zeiss Jena T* 50mm ƒ/2.8
Polypan F 50ISO @EI200
Souped in Ilfosol 3 1:15 11 Minutes
Pinecone Community
Pine-Cone Village
Pentax Spotmatic SPII
Carl Zeiss Jena T* 50mm ƒ/2.8
Polypan F 50ISO @EI200
Souped in Ilfosol 3 1:15 11 Minutes
I was surprised to find this statue in someone's garden.  It's not so much that it's an odd statue in a garden, because you see that often enough.  But it just stuck out from its surroundings!  I mean, this garden was odd..  From this statue, to a "pine-cone" village.  It was just not something you'd expect to see..  I personally like the way this image turned out.  I really do like this lens, and wish I had the AUTO-APERTURE model instead, but 12 blade iris?  How can I ever complain!




As for my T80, that is a different story!  This camera just is a peach to use.  The simplicity of it is just incredible.  From the mechanical manual monstrosity of the SPII (which is a fantastic camera) to the automatic ease of the T80 is just night and day!  It's like the camera KNOWS what you want to do.  It's not a "Smart" program camera, but one that has different modes.  From FULL PROGRAM to Shallow DoF, Sport to Deep Field, it's just so much fun!
Spring Is Coming
Spring Is Coming
Canon T-80 35mm SLR
Vivitar 28-135 ƒ/4 FD Wide-Angle ZOOM
Fuji NEOPAN SS 100
Kodak XTOL 1:1 + 4mL Rodinol
Spring is definitely coming.  a cluster of flowers pushing their way up to the sun, as if to deny the clutches of winter, and embrace the warm weather to come.
The odd thing is that my 28-135 doesn't stop down properly either.  The lens is great!  Really nice bokeh, excellent close focusing because of the macro ring, and a long range of zoom.  I mean 28mm to 135mm?  That's going from a Landscape to a Portrait!  How can you get better than that?






I'd like to try this lens with some portraits, this way I can really see how well it performs.  Sure, it's not the greatest lens in the world, and I have a pair of spectacular 135mm lenses, which are much faster for this mount, but this lens even has the 85mm portrait length.  Perhaps in the very near future I will try it out for some portaits, especially outdoor portraits!

Spear Point
Spear Point
Canon T-80 35mm SLR
Vivitar 28-135 ƒ/4 FD Wide-Angle ZOOM
Fuji NEOPAN SS 100
Kodak XTOL 1:1 + 4mL Rodinol
 This lens is dangerously sharp when you want it to be, and nicely soft where you need it.  I do need to give it a proper workout one day, with a mix of landscape shots, to macros and closeups, to Portaits.  Ah, the joys of Wide-Angle zooms.  The best aspect to this lens, is I bought it for $10.00!

That's not a bargain, that's just a deal I will take all day, any day!

Thanks for stopping by!


As always, you can always visit my Flickr pages here

No comments:

Post a Comment