Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Take Your Box Camera To Work Day

So February 29th, 2012 was marked as the Take Your Box Camera To Work Day, which is a small little celebratory day we had on Flickr.  The filmies out there that participated, myself, and several others, took our Box Cameras to work.
My cameras of choice, were, the Venerable Kodak Brownie Bullseye, and the Kodak Hawkeye Flash.

 Both cameras work remarkably well. And provided I remember to actually set the shutter on the Bulls-Eye to INSTANT it is capable of some really good images!
I haven't put Colour film through it, not that I don't want to, but I think I'll wait until the summer before I do that.

Sadly I worked that day, and we had really crappy weather.  It was raining, then snowing, back to rain, and sleet!  It was terrible... Cold, wet, windy, and just plain dismal!

I was shooting TMAX 100 in one camera and Ilford FP4 in the other.  The Ilford in the Bulls-Eye, and the TMAX in the Hawkeye.  Of course, due to such crappy weather, I had to push both films to 400ISO when developing.  Not a problem, as the developer of choice for the Ilford was XTOL at STOCK solution.  What great stuff that is!

The TMAX I used Rodinal at 1:100 for 75 minutes (and a slight swirl at 35 minutes).   Great combination and wonderful results over all...!
Looking forward to doing it all over again, but of course, I don't see it being a Feb. 29th day again... not for another 4 years ///!

And now for the images from the day..  Well, the Bullseye was a touch heavy, and having never used it before, or anything like it, I did get one excellent result.

The Hawkeye, well, that's a different story.  I've used a camera like it before, not quite the same, but similar.  Got very nice results with that one.  





 
Above 5 images - Kodak Hawkeye Flash w/Tmax 100 @ EI400 Souped in Rodinal 1:100 75 Minutes @20°C

 Above Image - Kodak Bullseye w/Ilford FP4 125 @400EV Souped In XTOL Stock Solution

No comments:

Post a Comment