Monday, April 1, 2013

A Film Shot on Digital

Before you say, "But you can't shoot digital film!" that is true..  Absolutely, but here's the thing.  I just find myself disliking digital images more and more, especially in B&W.  Colour, sure, it's nice, it's clean and fancy, but ultimately, B&W just is ...  yuck!

BUT there is a cure for this.  It's called Alien Skin Exposure.  It does help a fair bit, and will give your photos a film layer that can mimic a lot of the film properties.
Except it's not film, it's digital, and not quite what film would be.

The big thing is, why shoot it digitally and then add a film layer and why not just shoot it on film to begin with?

Simple.   I didn't have my film camera, nor did I have any loaded with a fast enough film.  In fact at 3200ASA on 35mm, it would have looked grainy and messy...  Not something I'd want for this, but hey enough of that...

Ayden

Until next time... keep those shutters firing!

No comments:

Post a Comment