Thursday, August 23, 2012

Haven't Forgotten

Haven't posted in a while, as I have been concentrating on my Year On Film project.  Although the Year On Film and my main blog page (Through My Eye) do go hand in hand, I have been posting more on the Year On Film page in the past few posts.

Well, at the beginning of August I was up in Port Colborne/Wainfleet, Ontario.  It's not too far from Niagara Falls, and has some very interesting sites to see.  One of the few sites was, as previously posted, on a Run-Down home.
Rundown Motel - Pentax Spotmatic (1964)
Yashica Yashinon 50mm ƒ/2 M42 Prime - Fuji Neopan SS 100

 Well, I also revisited a collapsing home that I had visited the year before (above);
Rundown Motel - Exakta VXIIa
Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm ƒ/2.8 - Kodak Portra 160NC
This home, err ruined home anyway, I photographed last year with my Spotmatic, and even had a print done of it.  This time, however, I had my Exakta, and some Portra160NC loaded.  I didn't waste any time, and clicked off about a dozen frames around this home.  The only difference is that last year I had a completely different type of light than I did this year.  As I visited it last year in the waning hours of the day, getting long shadows and a nice warm tone, although I shot it in B&W, this time I had full sun, clear and empty blue skies, and lots of heat!  I did have my 4x5 View camera, which would have been a great choice to use for a photo or two of this place, but I didn't reach it out.  We were on a tight time-table as is already, and so I had to make due, again, with a 35mm Camera.  One day I plan on getting this with my, much, larger camera.  Although, 35mm does make a very nice image, and will make an ever better print!

I may have been busy lately, but I have never forgotten about the blog.

Until next time, remember to support film... And keep those shutters firing!

No comments:

Post a Comment